With a mission centered on balance, our Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests. Eating right, being physically active and forming strong social connections are keys to healthy living for people of all ages and abilities.
To promote healthy living for all, we offer the following programs:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Coaching Connection - Meet one-on-one with a Healthy Living Coach for six 30-minute sessions, free for Y members. Your coach will work with you to create a wellness plan to get you on track to achieve your wellness goals and help you get connected with the Y.
- Y Weight Loss - Attend groups sessions to help you make permanent, healthy lifestyle changes.
- Quick Start - Get started on your healthy living goals right away with a free 30-minute session with a trained healthy living staff member. You’ll work together to design a workout based on your goals and physical abilities.
- Group Exercise Classes - Connect with other members while you get a workout in one of our many group exercise classes available for all skill levels. Get the whole family involved in our family-friendly classes.
- Active Older Adult Programs - A variety of exercise, social and educational activities are designed to keep seniors active and as they grow in mind, spirit and body.
- Personal Training - To help you meet your goals and stay motivated along the way, our certified personal trainers are available to work with you to create a fitness program that meets your needs.
- Water Activities – Water fitness classes, adult swim lessons (it’s never too late), lap swimming, Masters Swimming and adapted exercise for those with disabilities or other conditions are some of the opportunities at the Y, where we believe if you can do it on land, you can do some version of it in the water.
CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA – For adult cancer survivors, this program fulfills the important need of supporting cancer survivors who find themselves in the transitional period between completing their cancer treatment and the shift to feeling physically and emotionally strong enough to attempt to return to their normal life or their “new normal.”
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program - The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program helps adults at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes reduce their risk for developing the disease by taking steps that will improve their overall health and well-being.
SPORTS AND RECREATION
- Adult Sports - Sports are one way for adults to achieve greater health and well-being for spirit, mind and body. You’ll come together with people with shared athletic and recreational interests, and have an opportunity to foster connections with new and old friends through games and fun.
- Youth Sports - Kids have the opportunity to make new friends, be active and learn teamwork at the Y. Programs include Bitty Sports for ages 3-5, Youth Sports for kids in Kindergarten through 8th Grade, and YMCA Challenger for young people with special needs.