Building What Matters: The Community
The Atchison Family YMCA broke ground on a renovated and expanded YMCA on Thursday, April 28. Construction is expected to be complete in 2017. The building will feature:
- A community room for all ages to connect through meetings, celebrations of families and friends, and other activities that allow people to connect over shared interests.
- A teaching kitchen for activities such as healthy cooking demonstrations and classes.
- A gym to provide space for activities that promote healthy living, youth and adult sports that promote teamwork, skills development and friendship, and special events that bring people together.
- An expanded health and wellness center in which people can improve their well-being through cardiovascular exercise and strength training.
- A new lobby and lounge to offer welcoming and comfortable spaces for members to visit, friends to meet and parents to spend time while their children participate in activities.
- A new therapy pool adjacent to existing pool to be used by the Y and Atchison Hospital to provide aquatic physical therapy for patients.
- A renovated indoor swimming pool to provide life-saving swim lessons and recreational opportunities.
- A multi-purpose studio for group exercise, dance, music, arts, and other social and educational activities.
- A new Kids Zone to provide a safe and fun place for kids to learn and play.
Schedules & Events
There's always something to do at the Y.
Connect with Us
Like the Atchison Family YMCA page on Facebook to get the latest news, events, announcements and fun photos from us everywhere you go.